Saturday, October 18, 2014

I'mmmmmmmmm back, with pumpkin spice cofee creamer ~ LOL

Welcome back all!  Not sure why the urge has come over me once again to share my misadventures, but I am glad for the company : )
 
This morning in my kitchen I whipped up a much cleaner/healthier version of the most popular coffee creamer out there, Pumpkin Spice!  The cost is about the same per ounce, but no chemicals or artificial sweeteners.  Guess it comes down to personal choice.  It took like less than 2 minutes to make, so no problem there.  I typically have  coffee with  splash of unsweetened almond milk and a drop or two of stevia.  But when the craving hits, this is what I am going to make, and I pray for my resolve to stay firm at the supermarket; even when there is an amazing sale on seasonal creamers.  I am making an early resolution to take a serious stand on my health!
 
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer:
 
1 cup half n' half
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup real maple syrup
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
pinch of sea salt
 
Blend all ingredients together.  Store in fridge for up to 10 days.  (I saved one of the creamer containers I had from a sale and washed it by hand.  Doubled the recipe and it fit wonderfully)
 
Thanks for hanging out with me, and keep checking back for more healthy and budget friendly tips, ideas and recipes.
Blessings, Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment