Thursday, September 26, 2013

Happy Fall Y'all!  I know I am a couple days late, but I still mean it : )  Been a real whopper of a week and the topper was my root canal yesterday.  Let me just say that God is amazing!  I went to bed Monday night still not having the money to pay for it, but praying hard.  Tuesday there was an unexpected deposit and it was enough to get me into the appt.!    So much more I could say, but y'all don't want to hear me go on, and on.  Anyway, realized I haven't posted this week, so thought I would share this tried and true pumpkin recipe.  I stumbled on to it last year and have made it almost a dozen times since, including for my book club Christmas Party last year.  I made it again today, for tomorrows grab and go breakfast ~ children  love it!
Chocolate Pumpkin Snack Cake
1 cup flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter at room temp.
2.3 cup can pumpkin
2 eggs
oil for pan
Preheat oven to 350. Whisk dry ingredients in small bowl to blend.  Put butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and cream together.  Grease  8x8 pan.  Add eggs to butter mixture and beat until light in color.  Mix in pumpkin and then mix in dry ingredients.  Spread batter in pan.  Bake 45 minutes.  Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
 
Enjoy!  Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment