Thursday, September 5, 2013

Poe ~ tastic!

When do you start thinking about Halloween?  That was a question I read today on Face Book.  So I started thinking.  Then realized I am not normal and you shouldn't ask me - LOL  I have an A+ personality as well as OCD, which means I am uber organized.  Also being low income means I plan ahead to make sure we have what we need, when we need it : ) 
 
That said, I already posted about the leopard print pumpkins hubby picked - up for me as a get well soon gift.  Well here is our newest acquisition, I call it the Poe Pumpkin!  Saw it in a catalog, has the money, ordered it.  Couldn't pass it up, reminded me too much of dd Bre.  Bre adores Poe, she loves how creepy weird he is - LOL  I am kinda proud of her and her uniqueness.  I don't raise no sheepeople here!
One of our highlights last spring, while on vacation, was a trip to Sullivan's Island and eating at Poe's Tavern.  Poe had been stationed at Fort Moultrie briefly, and wrote he book The Gold Beetle while living on the island. 
  This is one of Bre's rare and true smiles.  She mentioned just the other day that she would like to go back, me too.  Sullivan's Island is beautiful!  She also said that one she might like to have that pumpkin!  LOL  We are getting ready to paint her room (waiting for some cool temps) and we decided that the pumpkin could be a good theme.  She had been planning a nice shade of purple (not eggplant) but maybe we could do the crow/tree silhouette in one corner?  Throw in some crow accessories?  See, none of my kids are usual and I am ok with that; neither am I!  Ha! 
 
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment