Saturday, August 17, 2013

Deal Diva 8~17~13

Howdy folks, it's that time of the week again or should I say week-end - LOL  That's right, lets see what the Deal Diva has found to brag about : )
 
Scored some organic chix tenders at the 'ghetto' Kroger.  The marked down price is still more than the store brand, but if I have a chance to eat clean at a half way decent price I jump on it.  I now know what 'ignorance is bliss' means, especially concerning where our food comes from!
 
 
 
Grabbed six of those organic tenders, enough for 3 meals.  I like to grill these on the table top for a quick lunch for the children.
 
 

 
Same is true about eggs and what the chickens are feed.  Kroger had reg. eggs on special for .88 cents, but I chose these reduced antibiotic free eggs.  The taste difference is amazing!
 
 

 
Children talked me into more Greek yogurt in a tube (not the best choice, but hey they have had worse - LOL) and this reduced rump roast will become beef stew.  See, found away around that whole stew meat Ponzi scheme! 
 
 

 
These were purchased at Wal-Mart.  I usually make my own ranch but sometimes I run out of time.  I chose this brand based on a web site I found listing over 400 GMO free foods.  The cheese I like to grate myself for best flavor, although I recently found out that all pre=shredded cheese has anti=caking chemicals in them.  YUCK!  So will be shredding ALL my cheese from now on.  Thank goodness I got a great micro planner for Christmas, but I mostly just use the good 'ole box grater like grand dad had : )  Could use the food processer but it cakes easy, even with really cold cheese.
 
 
So, now ya know.  Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment