Thursday, August 8, 2013

mini post ~ me

Army son and middle dd at the drive-in movies.
 
 Just a short note to say things are well at the old homestead.  Been a crazy couple weeks with army son home.  He is now off to S. Korea for the next year.  Everything went smooth and many memories were made.  The twins were over the moon, he is their hero (maybe mine too).  I have gotten a few text from him and mostly all he had to say is that it is hot, humid and rains most the time!  Hmmmmm, sounds a bit like middle TN. in the summer - LOL  Guess he won't get too home sick : )
Some of the goodies I am making for oldest niece.  Shhh, don't tell her, it's a surprise!


 
 What's on the sticks you ask?  Been mostly working on gifts for the up coming holiday season.  Just finishing up a care package for my oldest niece, but might put that on the back burner for a few weeks.  A good friend asked me to set up my table at an up coming church sponsored event, so now in a rush to finish some more stock.  I am thrilled and nervous at this inclusion with my Sisters in Christ : )
Lastly I wanted to issue an invite to all my local friends, to book club.  It meets the first Monday of every month at the local library.  And if your not local, find one in your neck of the woods!  You won't be sorry.  It's a great escape for adults, with like minded people and we all need that ~ at least once a month!  Last month my group read The memory keepers daughter, by Kim Edwards.  It was rich, deep and insightful in an area of the past few talk about.  I enjoyed it and think I will give her second book, The lake of dreams, a go next.  Love my library and the folks you work there!  Hope you all get to know yours too! 








Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment