Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mini post ~ birthday yarn

 Today is Miss Debbie's b-day!  She is my neighbor and her daughter is my dd 's BFF - since Kindergarten.  She is amazing.  She is strong.  She is a single mom.  We have taken them 'into our pew' so to speak, and do everything together.  In effect, they are family, for better or for worse.  If more folks could just do this, as the bible commands, then I have to believe we would need a little less help as individuals from our government.

So, about two weeks ago Wal-Mart had this great cotton yarn on roll back, 2 oz. for $1.47 (a 50 cent saving) and I snagged some for me and some for the church tweens I am teaching to crochet.  I loved the distress look on this yarn and would like it in a throw, but is to course and really only good for towels and wash cloths.

So, that is what I did.  I found a great free pattern on-line and made these dish towels and wash cloths for Miss D's b-day gift (well part of it).  It was easy peasy and I enjoyed digging around in my button jar  - LOL  It took 3 balls to make this, with some leftover. I whipped it up in 3 days, not working to hard at it (after all I have like 6 things I am working on).  Would love to do more of these. Let me know if you want to join me and stitch awhile : )

Blessings, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment