Thursday, July 18, 2013

Spaghetti Squash


I mentioned the other day that we had spaghetti  squash for dinner, and thought I would mention it again as it will soon be in season and very affordable.  I know some folks think it's a tad time consuming to cook, but you can always cook ahead and reheat when ready.
 
 
 
Simply slice squash in half and scrape all the 'guts' out, like you would with a pumpkin (another awesome squash).  Pour a cup of water in a shallow pan/dish, cover and bake at 350 for one hour.
 
 
 
When done, pop cover and let cool to touch.  Then simply scrap the string - like 'spaghetti' into a bowl, using a fork for best results.
 

 
Voila'  A beautiful bowl of squash for dinner.  Serve along side your favorite meal or use it as a zero - carb replacement for noodles. I have used it with both a red sauce and a white sauce, both yummy and no leftovers (the real test in my house).
 
Blessings, Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment