Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Shephards Pie

Just want to mention that this was to be a post last week, but time ran away (with the rain water), don't want you to think I am feeding my family old food ; if you are actually keeping track of what I post or FB about : )  That said, I made my first SP around 22 years ago and it has become my go to for using leftovers.  I have no hard and fast recipe: meat, veggie, sauce, potatoes.  Last week I had a dish of left over bbq ribs and a big bowl of leftover chili.  I stirred this together and added some peas.  Tossed it into a 9X13 glass casserole, topped with about 2 cups mashed pot (about 4 servings) and baked for 20 min. at 350.  Just need to heat through.  Then I tossed the remains of a bag of shred. cheese on top, and broiled for 3 minutes ~ Voila'.
 
 
Before the broiling begins.
 

 
Finished and ready to eat.  Kids (and hubby) never turn down anything with potatoes and cheese!
 

 
Twin son and I love hot food, twin son maybe more than I at this point of my life - LOL  This is our super big bottle (bought at the UGO).  He kept the bottle right next to his bowl when we had the chili!  That could explain our need for the enzymes - see previous post : )
 
In twenty odd years I have never made it the same way twice, never had a complaint and never had any left over.  Just let your creativity take over, and yes it is fine to use can veggies or instant pot.  I am not the food Nazi; well not at your house anyway.  LOL
 
Blessings, Beth Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment